1. Approve the Agenda with any corrections, deletions or changes. Approved
2. Approve the Minutes for the meeting held on
Announcement of a neighborhood meeting concerning a proposed 20
acre, multi-family development near the intersection of Haleh and Haven.
Announcement of a neighborhood meeting held by NDOT concerning
the improvement of State Route 160 between State Route 159 and Mountain
3. A representative of
the SouthWest Action Network (SWAN) announced that
the organization’s 2010 newsletter would be available to those in attendance at
4. A citizen is concerned about a tavern in the shopping center at Blue
5. A citizen asked how and when neighbors are notified about land use applications in their area.
1. UC-0737-09 – DEBREMIHRET SAINT MICHAEL
by the applicant to
USE PERMITS for the following:
1) Allow a place of worship; and
2) Reduced rear yard setback.
WAIVERS OF DEVELOPMENT STANDARDS for the following:
1) reduced throat depth;
2) allow non-decorative walls where decorative walls are required;
3) allow a development to access a residential local street;
4) Reduce the setback to a street for a sign; and
5) Reduce the setback to a property line for a sign.
DESIGN REVIEWS for the following:
1) A place of worship; and
2) A freestanding sign
on 1.3 acres in an R-E (Rural Estates Residential)
Zone. Generally located on the south side of
TAB Approved per current Planning Conditions
USE PERMITS for the following:
1) Allow an accessory agricultural building to exceed one-half the footprint of the principal dwelling;
2) Allow the cumulative area of all accessory structures to exceed the footprint of the principal dwelling;
3) Allow accessory structures to not be architecturally compatible with the principal building; and
4) Waive design standards for a metal building
on 0.9 acres in an R-E (Rural Estates Residential)
Zone. Generally located on the northeast corner of
This is a case where the contractor did not obtain building permits for several buildings. This property was viewed by several TAB members. The property is well maintained and blends well with the neighborhood. The neighbors are in support of this application.
3. TA-0170-10 – R & SC Rentals, Inc:
Text amendment to amend Table 30.44-1, Chapter 30.44 to allow outcall entertainment referral services as a conditional use if a freeway separates the use from residential, libraries, playgrounds, daycare facilities, schools, and places of worship. /ab
Outcall Entertainment Referral Service means a person who, for a fee, sends or refers an entertainer to a location other than the property at which the business license has been issued. Title 30 allows Outcall Entertainment Referral Service as a special use in C-I and C-2 zoning districts and as a conditional use in M-D and M-l zoning districts. All zoning districts are subject to the following conditions which cannot be waived or varied:
• Separations shall be measured radially in all directions from the property line to the nearest property line of the uses listed below.
• Applicants must provide evidence certified
by a professional land surveyor, licensed in the State of
• The use must be located a minimum of 1,500 feet from any residential use, public library, public park or playground, day care facilities for children, schools, or places of worship.
The applicant is proposing to allow waiving the 1,500 foot separation if the use is divided by a freeway. The applicant states that it is unlawful for any person to cross any freeway and the danger of crossing freeways is a far more effective barrier than any distance requirement.
The TAB has several objections to this TA.
· The TAB opposes changing Title 30 to benefit a single applicant.
· The TA assumes the freeway is a barrier. It does not account for the under and over passes that allow easy access to the other side.
· It could make the enforcement of illegal out call entertainment more difficult for the County.