The ATTACHMENT A items will be heard on the following dates:
Planning Commission 7:00 P.M.,
HOLDOVER/RETURNED APPLICATIONS will be heard on the date in the applications header.
The PC decisions/recommendations may be appealed
An appeal may be made in person at the Current Planning desk or by fax (702-455-3271). Call Current Planning (455-4314) to find out how to file an appeal. Help in filling an appeal may be obtained from the Southwest Action Network (SWAN). You can contact SWAN at:
702-837-0244 · 702-837-0255 (fax)
Note: If you ctrl+click on the blue underlined text it will take you to the detailed documents to explain the agenda item.
Approve the Minutes for the meeting held on
2. Approve the Agenda with any corrections, deletions or changes. APPROVED: ADDITIONAL BUSINESS moved to after the zoning agenda.
1. Introduce Enterprise TAB By-Laws for discussion to review or revise.
The by-laws were introduced to the TAB Members and discussed. Continued to the next meeting.
2. Approve yearly meeting calendar.
The TAB calendar for 2013 was discussed with the following changes:
· Cancel the November 27, 2013, meeting: Thanksgiving eve
The applications for these meeting will be heard on the next regular TAB meeting.
1. Suggestion from the Board to have a discussion on the formation and articulation of motions to be included as an Additional Business item on the next agenda.
2. Additional Business items to be moved to after the zoning items on the TAB agenda going forward.
H-1. UC-0754-12 – KESICK, KEN & KALIAN:
APPROVED per staff conditions:
ADD Current Planning Condition:
· 2 years to obtain the zone change and establish a conforming zone, use, and structure.
USE PERMIT for temporary construction storage.
REVIEW for a
temporary construction storage yard on 2.3 acres in an H-2 (General Highway
Frontage) Zone in the MUD-3 Overlay District.
on the west side of Torrey
The TAB determined there are two conflicting positions with this application:
· The TAB did not want to recommend a Temporary Use that is not permitted in the zone district.
· The TAB did not want to put a small business, out of business.
The TAB considered the following:
· The staff recommended denial because the use is not permitted in any of the conforming zone districts.
· The TAB opinion is the use must be allowed in the zone district.
· How long is temporary?
· A storage yard is an accessory use in the MD zone district.
· A design review is required with the zone change.
· The applicant checked with the Health District on dust control, and then applied the required dust control.
· Asked the Health District if there was anything else required and was told, “No.”
· TAB has had several instances where one county agency says nothing else is required.
o The applicant believes no further action is required on their part.
o This has led the applicant to expend money without all required land use approvals.
· The applicant’s goal is to upgrade the property.
The TAB objective is to allow the applicant time to establish a conforming use on his land. The TAB is against establishing a use not permitted in the allowed zone districts. The applicant was advised to work with Current Planning to accomplish a conforming zone change and use on the property.
APPROVED per staff conditions
REVIEW for site
and building lighting in conjunction with an approved office/warehouse building
on 9.0 acres in an M-D (Designed Manufacturing) (AE-60) Zone in the MUD-3 and
2. ZC-0952-08 (ET-0003-13) – TRULINE INVESTMENTS, LLC:
APPROVED per staff conditions
WAIVERS OF DEVELOPMENT STANDARDS SECOND EXTENSION OF TIME to review the following:
1) Eliminate landscaping; and
2) Off-site improvements (excluding paving)
in conjunction with a proposed equipment storage
facility with outside storage on 5.1 acres in an M-1 (Light Manufacturing)
Zone. Generally located on the south side of