The Zoning Agenda items will be heard on the following dates:
Planning Commission 7:00 P.M.,
HOLDOVER/RETURNED APPLICATIONS will be heard on the date in the applications header.
The PC decisions/recommendations may be appealed
An appeal may be made in person at the Current Planning desk or by fax (702-455-3271). Call Current Planning (455-4314) to find out how to file an appeal. Help in filling an appeal may be obtained from the Southwest Action Network (SWAN). You can contact SWAN at:
702-837-0244 · 702-837-0255 (fax)
Note: If you ctrl+click on the blue underlined text it will take you to the detailed documents to explain the agenda item.
Approve the Minutes for the meeting held on
2. Approve the Agenda with any corrections, deletions or changes. APPROVED
1. Items on the agenda may be taken out of order.
2. The Town Advisory Board may combine two or more agenda items for consideration.
3. The Town Advisory Board may remove an item from the agenda or delay discussion relating to an item at any time.
The following zoning item has been held to the
3. ZC-0226-14 – SOUTHWEST GROWTH MGMT LLC, ET AL
A report on the update of the Enterprise Land Use Plan by Comprehensive Planning staff. (For Discussion Only)
The next open house
The following information was presented in response to public questions.
· Approximately 130
people attended the
· The change requests can be submitted at any time.
· The earlier a change request is submitted, the better. This allows the request to be thoroughly analyzed.
· A change request may
be made up to and during the
· The section maps, on
the county website, will not be updated with requests received at and after the
· The staff is still evaluating some areas for land use trends to make possible changes in those areas.
Areas covered by the
o South of the Silverton, east of Dean Martin.
o Areas with airport land now eligible for deed restriction removal for residential construction.
1. SC-0204-14 – ABBASI, RAMEZAN LARKI:
HELD: indefinitely, per request of county planning staff.
NAME to name
an unnamed cul-de-sac to
2. DR-0115-13 (WC-0051-14) –
APPROVED with added conditions,
ADD Current Planning "If Approved" conditions:
·The south and west property line walls must be completed by
·The Waiver of Conditions applies only to the south and west property line walls design, construction materials, and completion date.
·All previous conditions and approved plans remain in effect.
·The south and west property line walls will be constructed of decorative CMU block or slump stone and meet or exceed previous height conditions.
·A private agreement between the Good Samaritan Lutheran Church and the adjacent property owner may be used to satisfy the conditions of this approval and previous approvals.
WAIVERS OF CONDITIONS of a design review requiring the following:
1) the church will construct a fence on the west property line, from the sidewalk on Windmill Lane to the north side of the school building, the fence will be wrought iron, a minimum of 5 feet high, and match the current playground fence, from the north side of the school to the south property line wall, the church may use a 5 foot high chain link or wrought iron fence, if a chain link fence is used it will be replaced with a matching wrought iron fence in the next phase of construction, the west property line fence will be completed before a Certificate of Occupancy is issued for the initial 7 room school building; and
2) the church will construct a 6 foot high screen wall on part
of the south and east sides of their property which will be constructed in 2
phases: 1) project Phase 1, the screen wall (southeast corner) will be built
approximately 190 feet north and 80 feet west which will be completed before a
Certificate of Occupancy issued for the initial school room building, and 2)
project Phase 2 the screen wall (southeast corner) will be extended
approximately 140 feet (total length) to the west, which will be completed when
20 or more parking spaces are added in conjunction with an existing place of
worship on 4.3 acres in an R-E (Rural Estates Residential) (RNP-I) Zone. Generally located
on the southwest corner of
PREVIOUS ACTION Enterprise TAB
This request was generated by the change from commercial to residential use on the adjoining property.
The adjoining property was purchased by William Lyons
Homes for residential subdivision. The
builder has different requirements for subdivision walls than previously
anticipated. The church and the builder
are working together to have a single wall on the church’s southern and western
borders. The new wall design will meet
the needs of both parties and satisfy the
The TAB conditions are intended to clarify the scope and limits of this waiver. The added conditions set a new time limit for wall completion. The waiver allows for different wall design and materials for the southern and western walls than previously approved. It also prevents the construction of redundant walls and ensures all other previous conditions remain in force.
The Church is responsible for the wall construct if an agreement cannot be reached with William Lyons Homes.
The TAB recommends approval to allow the Church to open their new classrooms and completion of the southern and western border walls to meet the needs of the neighbors, the Church and William Lyons Homes.
3. ZC-0226-14 – SOUTHWEST GROWTH MGMT LLC, ET AL:
HELD until the
DESIGN REVIEW for a mini-storage, recreational vehicle storage, and
truck rental facility. Generally located on the southwest corner of
PREVIOUS ACTION Enterprise TAB
4. UC-0370-14 –
APPROVED per staff conditions
USE PERMIT for modified wall height standards in conjunction with a
proposed subdivision on 298.9 acres in an R-2 (Medium Density Residential) P-C
(Planned Community Overlay District) Zone in the Southern Highlands Master
Planned Community. Generally located on the south side of Golf
There is a concern that non-tiered retaining walls will have enough setback from the home to allow for repairs to the retaining wall. One estimate is the clearance needed for repair equipment is approximately twice the height of the wall. The hydraulic pressure on a flat wall may cause the wall to bulge over time. The repair would require the use of heavy equipment and the space to operate.
The homes will meet the standard county offsets which may not be enough clearance to operate heavy equipment needed for retaining wall repairs. This may be a case where additional setback standards are required in the hillside areas.
APPROVED per staff conditions and,
ADD a Current Planning conditions:
· Design Review as a Public Hearing for Lighting and Signage.
modifications to a portion of a previously approved shopping center on 6.2
acres in a C-2 (General Commercial) Zone.
on the northwest corner of
Lighting and signage were not covered in this application. The close proximity of residential units is a sufficient reason for a lighting and signage review.
6. ZC-0050-12 (WC-0059-14) –
APPROVED per staff conditions and,
ADD Current Planning conditions:
· Ten foot rear setback for hammerhead and knuckle lots with an additional one foot intrusion for balconies;
· All other lots with a one foot intrusion to a rear setback of 14 feet for a balcony.
OF CONDITIONS of a zone
change requiring waiver of development standards #4 for reduced setback
restricted to hammerhead and knuckle lots only in conjunction with a single
family residential development on 51.3 acres in an R-2 (Medium Density
Residential) Zone. Generally located on the north side of
The TAB pointed out the approval of this waiver would allow 10 ft. setbacks on all project lots. Also, discussed was the need to modify the hammerhead setback waiver to allow for the balconies. After some discussion, the conclusion was to restate the waiver restriction for hammer head lots modified to include balconies. A second condition was added to cover all the other project lots’ rear setback.
The public hearings
for medical marijuana establishments (dispensary) within unincorporated
Note: No action will be taken by the